A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.28.2007

Ravelry

I have a new obsession. Ravelry. Seriously.



Have you tried it? It is amazing. Technically, I have been a "Raveler" since April, but it is only in the past 3 weeks or so that I have really put it to use! The librarian in me loves the way I can organize all of my knitting stuff (past, present and intended) - projects and yarn and patterns and knitting books. And the cross referencing of yarn and patterns and pictures and books ... it can keep me occupied for hours. Seriously.

The days of googling a yarn and hoping and praying to come across someone else's blog who has knit something cool with it are over. Now, with just a few clicks, a can find out what lots of other knitters did with that skein of yarn that I've had sitting around collecting dust. Or I can look at all of the different yarns that people chose to knit something that I have been wanting to make. And there are so many cool new people to meet and connect with. YAY! I heart Ravelry.

8 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

Indeed, Ravelry is awesome. Fortunately it came along right when my time for blogging started waning, so it's another easy way to connect with knitters online...

August 28, 2007 10:34 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

ravelry is so very awesome! I seriously want to knit all the time now just to keep up!

August 29, 2007 9:29 AM

 
Anonymous Tina - Blooming Knitter said...

You and me both. I love Ravelry. I have been spending some time each day checking up on all the memebers. I started from the beginning of the list and that is how I found you. I still have al LONG, LONG way to go to visit everyone on Ravelry, and with so many new members every day, every minute in fact, I will be at this for quite some time. Nice to meet you, by the way, I hope to meet you in person sometime, as I too and a Detroiter.

August 29, 2007 10:43 AM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

I joined a ruddy FOOTBALL knitting group on Ravelry! How sick is that! I love it!

Thank you sooo much Kristin! Ravelry Rocks!

August 30, 2007 8:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "heart" it too! Thanks :)

August 30, 2007 5:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that last one was me - forgot to put my name! Don't worry I'm not a yarn stalker!

Tracy

August 30, 2007 5:51 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I love Ravelry too! However, I'm spending way too much time on it. And I haven't even begun to organize my knitting. But then again, I am challenged in that area!

August 30, 2007 6:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I hadn't thought of using Ravelry as a "what have other people done with this yarn?" kind of thing! I have a ton of random stuff, but don't know what to do with it. Thanks for the tip

-Stacey at toomanyscarves

August 31, 2007 2:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home