A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.11.2007

Detroit Knit City

Matt & I had a fun weekend in Detroit. We went to the 30th Annual Dally in the Alley in the Cass Corridor on Saturday night ... Detroit grit at its finest. Lots of music, people watching, vendors and Detroit beer. I bought a super cute t-shirt ("Little Miss Detroit") and ran into Karen, Ruby, Michelle & Jeff. Good times.
dally #30

On Sunday, we went to the Detroit Tigers v. Seattle Mariners game. We lost (boo!), but we still had a great time and beautiful weather. This was our first game of the year, which is crazy. But it has been really hard to get tickets this year, since they did so well last year.

tigers fans

I bought these tickets as part of Matt's birthday present before I realized that this was the Detroit Stitch & Pitch game. So, while we were technically at Stitch & Pitch, we weren't actual participants and didn't get the cool bag o' goodies. Maybe next year! I need to thank a nice woman at the booth that gave me a bag (minus the goodies), since there were extras. We were a few sections over from the knitters - lots of folks wearing orange "Knitting Detroit Together" tees. Check 'em out (enlarge the photo by clicking on it for a better view of knitters in action!).

knitting detroit together


Onto the LYS sale! Ewenique Knits was offering 20% off purchases on Friday & Saturday, so I headed over. I picked up some yarn to make a pumpkin hat and I got a great canvas bag for free. (Thanks to TracyB for the tip)

free bag!

pumpkin yarn

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a pattern for the pumpkin hat? Because I have been wanting to make one for some of the babies I know but haven't came across a good pattern...

-Stacey from toomanyscarves

September 11, 2007 6:14 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Super fun! Ooooh, and you two are so darn photogenic.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the knit bag. Did you have to buy tickets from somehow special or arrive early? Mystery.

September 12, 2007 7:38 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

how fun that you ended up at stitch n pitch by chance, even though you didn't get the goodies...still fun just being there, i'm sure. you two are adorable together!!

September 12, 2007 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

If I purchased tickets for a baseball game and it turned out to be a Stitch & Pitch, I don't think my husband would believe it was fate.

I'm glad you guys had a great time!

September 16, 2007 8:35 AM

 
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

Hey guess what? You won my blog contest! Come here:
http://web.mac.com/hxquarter/iWeb/KnitMongrel/blog/D04E8FFE-F572-4080-8EB4-89749C92DAD8.html
for details and a link to my email address so you can send me your mailing address. Congrats!!

September 16, 2007 3:26 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Oooh love that color combo! very fall... and yeah for stitch 'n pitch even if it was only by chance!

September 18, 2007 2:14 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I really can't get over how cute the 2 of you always look in your "couple" photos. They always make me smile.

Those punkin' hats are adorable.

September 18, 2007 10:39 PM

 
Blogger Rogue Rylla said...

I'm sorry I missed both the Stitch n Pitch and Dally in the Alley! Argh, I hate working Saturdays! Hehe, oh well... Glad you had fun:)

September 22, 2007 7:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home