A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.06.2007

I WON!

I won! I was so excited to learn that I was 1 of 3 winners of KnitMongrel's blog contest. How, you ask? All I had to do was come up with a fun name for her new Mac. I suggested all sorts of strange varieties of apples, one of which was Lord Lambourne. She liked it and I lucked out! See?

lornas laces malabrigo
And this yummy yarn contest package arrived on my birthday! How fun is that? I say it is a great way to start the year ...


Wedding update:
Things have been busy in the world of wedding planning. We've got showers on the calendar, we are meeting with photographers, we have glanced at some bridesmaid dresses, we made an appointment with the bakery, we have touched base with a florist. Not bad.
And we have checked some major things off the list, which feels really good.
1. We have a date, a place and a time!
2. We booked a DJ for the occasion!
3. I found & ordered my dress!!!!!!
4. We registered! Here I am testing out the luxurious bath sheets ...
So much more to do ... hopefully without too many meltdowns. I had one last week, but thankfully I have a sweet fiance, who took me on a very relaxing get away for my birthday. Great timing! I am feeling much better now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Remember... enjoy the process of planning the wedding... it lasts longer than the wedding day.

October 06, 2007 6:01 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

congrats on winning the contest and way to go getting so much wedding stuff done!! cute pic, too : )

October 07, 2007 6:37 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Oooh! Congrats on the contest winning! Great haul!

Try to have fun with the wedding planning! If you need, or want help, I am both a second pair of hands, and eyes, have been married twice (so I'm pretty good at it now) and I like to get away from my pigs. Added bonus, I am both loud and friendly. That goes a long way.

October 07, 2007 7:42 PM

 
Blogger Maya said...

That yarn is gorgeous! And good luck with wedding planning. Just remember that everything will be amazing in the end, no matter what!

October 09, 2007 12:06 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy Birthday! And Congrats on winning the contest! And on all of the wedding stuff! And don't worry about the meltdown - as far as I know that's just part of being engaged. I'm sure you showers/wedding/dress/honeymoon/marriage will all be fantastic.

October 09, 2007 4:15 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Yippeee! That yarn is beautiful. Watchya gonna make?

Happy Birthday! Yeah for wedding plans. When is the date? Have you already told us?

October 13, 2007 9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home