A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.11.2007

#40? I'll take it!

Thanks for the Detroit love, people! I really do appreciate it.

Now here is some good news!
NellyKnits pointed out a sweet article in the NY Times that named Detroit as one of the 53 Places to Visit in 2008!

And HollyBee set the record straight on Detroit vs Battle Creek. It's not all about cereal over there. They've got meth and hookers and all the other crappy stuff that cities want to sweep under the rug ... so no more finger pointing! She also invited me to a Zombie Prom Date Knitters slumber party - so sad that I wasn't able to attend.

And another reason that Detroit is awesome ... this weekend we went to see the Detroit Derby Girls! The Detroit Pistoffs vs the D-Funk Allstars. It was a gas! And the perfect way to celebrate the holidays.

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly Bee said...

So, who won?

I was rooting for the D*Funk AllStars myself...Them ladies got style.

December 11, 2007 4:22 PM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

The Detroit Pistoffs (that name is awesome) kicked butt! It was fantastic.

December 11, 2007 4:25 PM

 
Blogger Maya said...

I just saw that New York Times article today. It made me feel a little proud, too. :-)

We went and saw the Boston Derby Dames a couple months ago and it was a blast. I wish we had gone to roller derby when we still lived in Michigan. I bet the Detroit girls are real tough bruisers!

December 11, 2007 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

My piercer is/was one of the Detroit derby girls! I don't think those teams are hers though...

December 11, 2007 9:15 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll have you know that my hubby and his co-workers were bad-mouthing Detroit the other night at dinner and I told them to lay-off, and that the city has more to offer than what you all know about. I hate it when people talk crap about Cleveland, so I figured I would stick up for Detroit since I have a buddy there : )

December 12, 2007 6:39 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

You guys beat out NYC and San Diego and London!!! That's awesome!

btw my office worked on one of the hotels listed in the article...

December 13, 2007 11:58 AM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

I love that poster. I so want to see them. Thanks for offering to help me.
Have a fun weekend.

December 13, 2007 5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home