A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.18.2007

A Christmas Meme

I saw this on Knit Wit Girly's blog and thought it was fun.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper. I mean, I LOVE wrapping paper. But some gifts require a bag - and that is okay, too.

2. Real tree or artificial? I am in love with real trees. Growing up, we had to have a fake one since the only place it fit was right next to the fire place. Now I insist on a real tree and feel good about supporting a local farmer!

charlie brown tree

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around the 1st week of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? When I get worried that all my ornaments are going to fall off because the tree is so droopy. This year our tree has been drinking up the water, so I am thinking that this one may last a while. YAY!

5. Do you like eggnog? Not particularly, but my dear Grandma did. So, yes, I like it - but not to drink.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Cabbage Patch Kid (1984 - the year that mom's were throwing down to put one under the tree ... thankfully my brother worked at the toy store).

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.

8. Hardest person to buy for? This year I didn't struggle too much with anyone. : )

9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom, I guess - I can usually get some ideas for her when we are out shopping.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The dictionary in 7th grade - totally boring!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL! (of course)

12 . Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually December 26th ... I pick up a few things on sale for gift giving in the next year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Um ... no comment.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear ...

17. Favorite Christmas song? So many to choose from ... I am always delighted when I hear David Bowie/Bing Crosby's "Little Drummer Boy."

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We are travelling across the state this weekend, but will be back to celebrate Christmas Day in D-Town.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher & Dancer & Prancer & Vixen, Comet & Cupid & Donner & Blitzen ... plus Rudolph : )

20. Angel on the treetop or star? We have a snowman on ours.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We will be opening gifts all weekend long. But Matt & I will wait until Christmas morning to exchange.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Slow walkers in the mall.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with family and friends. And I love Christmas lights.

24. What's your favorite Christmas Memory? Coming down the stairs and seeing all of the stuff under the tree. WOW!

25. Believe or Not? Totally believe!

Tag - you are it! Happy Holidays Knitters!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

The Bowie/Bing carol is one of my favorites too...you can download it for free at the NPR site! Merry Christmas!

December 18, 2007 9:33 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

ditto on the slow walking shoppers at the mall...sooo annoying! your tree is beautiful, by the way. happy holidays!

December 18, 2007 10:45 PM

 
Blogger Matt Church said...

Let's pick up the pace, slow mall walkers. Consider yourselves warned! Especially those of you on the moving floor--keep to the right so walkers can get by you!

December 19, 2007 11:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how so many people are with you about the slow walkers. I know I am.


With you on that topic, that is... I am not a slow a walker.

-Stacey

December 20, 2007 1:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home