A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.29.2007

Daisy Skye

I have sad news. Daisy is no longer with us. She was truly the best dog. Loyal and funny and sweet. She loved to cuddle and play. She loved to watch the squirrels and chase them up the tree in the backyard. She loved to get massages and to give TONS of kisses. Some of my favorite moments with Daisy occurred in the early morning, when she would run into my room and start jumping at the edge of the bed and whining until I pulled her up to snuggle with me. She would literally get under the covers and put her head on the pillow and we would spoon!

the best westie!

Daisy Skye

2002 - 2007

The vets determined that she had lymphoma (the bad kind) and she received one treatment of chemotherapy. But things just weren't right. Daisy wasn't eating and she couldn't get comfortable. She rarely wagged her tail. It became obvious that Daisy's quality of life had changed. So, Daisy was put to sleep on Thursday afternoon. She was surrounded by her 2 moms, her grandparents, her uncle and her good friend. She gave us lots of good-bye kisses.

It was such a sad day ... but it was the right decision. She was so loved and will be missed so much. Her life was way, way too short.

my pretty baby

11 Comments:

Anonymous Mel said...

Love the Daisy! She was the best dog - great entry Kristin!

December 29, 2007 2:18 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

i'm so sorry, kristin...i'm sure this must be so sad, but i'm glad you made the right decision so she doesn't have to suffer. also glad she was surrounded by the people she loved at the end. sending hugs your way xoxo

December 29, 2007 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

That is very sad - but I am sure it was the right decision. I hope you all are okay...

December 29, 2007 5:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww :( I'm so sorry. The spooning comment made me smile though.

-Stacey at toomanyscarves

December 30, 2007 12:05 AM

 
Blogger heidi said...

So sorry to hear this news. Take care!

December 30, 2007 10:17 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

I'm so sorry - Daisy was lucky to have you in her life, just as you were lucky to have her.......

December 31, 2007 9:04 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm so sorry! What a sad day that must have been. I have a Westie, and I know how special they are. Best wishes to you.

December 31, 2007 3:28 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. That had to be such a hard decision to make but it sounds like you made the right one to keep her from suffering.

January 02, 2008 3:56 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Oh Kristin...I'm so sorry and sad to read this news. It is truly one of the hardest things, saying goodbye to those precious furry people.

Animals don't deserve to live anything but the best quality of life, so your difficult decision was the best one, I'm sure.

Goodbye Sweet Daisy.

January 03, 2008 9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Lara said...

It is a very sad time and I wish you peace while you recover from this loss. I am thinking of you.

January 03, 2008 9:57 PM

 
Blogger knittingleftie said...

I am so very sorry that your precious Daisy has gone to Rainbow Bridge. I hope she's playing with my little Bingo. I know how hard it is to make the decision -- my baby had a brain tumor. My prayers are with you during this difficult time -- God bless.

February 29, 2008 11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home