A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.02.2008

2008 is here!

Happy New Year everyone! Thank you for your kind thoughts about Daisy.

Here's a holiday recap:
mmmmmm ... mexican coke

Christmas Eve Eve with Matt's family was a total blast. We had Mexi-Coke and I even got to knit!

slowly, slowly said the sloth

Want a great idea for a Christmas present for a cool kid? A harmonica! Just ask their mom! That's right - Matt & I had the brilliant idea to give harmonicas to Holly's 3 boys for Christmas. Highlight of the day: 3 cute boys dancing around in a circle while jamming on their harmonicas!

best present ever

I didn't get a harmonica. But guess what I did get?! A sewing machine + sewing lessons!!! I am super excited about this. I have been wanting to learn how to sew for a while. YAY! (Thanks, Matt - you are the best!)


We spent New Year's Eve with Mel & Barb. They came over to our place for some wine & apps. And then we headed to a restaurant near our house. It was a pleasant evening ... good company. Right after ringing in the new year, we headed home. Pretty low key, but nice. It snowed all night long and I was so happy to see everything blanketed in white when I woke up. Didn't think to bust out the camera until way later in the day.

Things got really busy right before Christmas, so we didn't quite get around to making all the cookies that we had planned on. So, we spent New Year's Day in PJs making cookies, playing Rummikub and catching up on the DVR!

vino rollin'
Who needs a rolling pin!?!?!? Best idea of 2008, so far!

We made some delicious treats to share with our neighbors ... Chocolate-Espresso Snowcaps (with actual coffee), Peppermint Bark and Gingerbread trees.

new years treats

This year promises to be a very exciting one, filled with vows and wedding cake and a honeymoon. I can't wait to make Matt my mister!

7 Comments:

Blogger Matt Church said...

And you're going to be my Mrs.!

January 03, 2008 8:37 AM

 
Anonymous Lara said...

Ok, the post is nice . . . but the first comment that has been left is the best thing ever! You two are so cute.

Peace and Joy to you both in 2008!

January 03, 2008 9:59 PM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

Ohhh, is Mexi-Coke like the old coke bottles from when we were young? Oh my gosh if they are I have to know where you get them. Joe still gets all mushy when he thinks about the old coke bottles. I have to get some for him!

January 04, 2008 9:24 AM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Mexi-Coke is the Coke from our youth!!! It is made with REAL sugar!! It is in a REAL glass bottle. Ok it's only 12 fluid oz instead of the US 12.9 fluid oz of our youth, but hey, beggars, choosers.

Anyway, drop all, skip work, go to nearest Mexican Grocer, they will/should have Mexi-Soda of all sorts. You will be in heaven.

Kristin! You are super awesome baking, marrying, knitting, harmonica giving chick!

Have a happy, happy!

January 08, 2008 10:21 AM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

Kristin - tell Holly that I'm telling Joe to stop in Mexican town at the SuperMercado and see if they have Mexi-Coke! Yeah!

January 09, 2008 4:33 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

looks and sounds like you had a great holiday...happy new year and woohoo for the sewing machine and lessons...can't wait to see your upcoming sewing projects!

January 10, 2008 10:32 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

I want sewing lessons!!

Or you could just sew something for me :)

January 15, 2008 4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home