A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.19.2008

Little Pumpkin Hat

I am so proud. When I actually put my mind to it and have the time, I can finish a knitting project. Here it is - the Little Pumpkin Hat from Itty-Bitty Hats. (Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - US7 needles)

little pumpkin

Being a passenger, rather than the driver on a road trip made all the difference in the world. I started this hat on Friday and was done with it when we got back home on Sunday. YAY! I think it is the bee's knees. So cute! And easy & quick, too! I loved it without the leaf, but once the leaf was attached, I loved it 10 times more. Look how cute!

leafy

The road trip was a surprise visit to my parent's for my mom's 70th (!) birthday party. My dad is so cute - he had some tricks up his sleeve and mom never knew that he had planned a surprise party in addition to her surprise visitors. It was a lot of fun!

happy 70th, mom



Other than knitting and celebrating, we played Wii all weekend. All I can say is OUCH! I boxed like there was no tomorrow and was in pain for the next 3 days. But now Matt & I want a Wii of our own. So. Much. Fun!!

Wii action!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Tina said...

The pumpkin hat turned out very cute. I just might have to get that book to make some cute little hats for my niece and nephew.

January 19, 2008 7:41 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

The pumpkin hat is adorable. What a nice gift.

January 20, 2008 8:01 AM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

Nice action shot with the wii! Love that hat. Savannah loved your program!

January 20, 2008 6:39 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Adorable hat! And Happy Birthday to your mom!

January 22, 2008 3:55 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

That hat is totally adorable and so is your mom! 70??? She looks decades younger.

I need someone to drive me around all weekend so I can get some knitting done too. Great idea!

February 10, 2008 9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home