A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.31.2008

my seven rock stars

I got tagged by TracyB ... okay - I'll play.

Here are the rules:
*Link to the person who tagged you.
*Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share the seven (7) most famous or infamous people you have met. Or go with the original 7 weird things about yourself.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post & include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I am going to go with the famous people bit. My 7 famous people are of the rock star variety.

1. Tommy Stinson : of the Replacements, Bash & Pop, Perfect, and solo projects. (Yes, I am purposefully leaving out his stint as a member of GnR) I have met him a few times in Detroit. He was confused when my friends & I announced we were leaving the bar to go get coney dogs. It's a Detroit thing.

2. David Byrne : of the Talking Heads and solo awesome-ness. Oh, how I love David Byrne. He is so, so amazing. I waited to meet him outside of the Royal Oak Music Theatre. It was brief but amazing.

3. Nash Kato : of Urge Overkill. I was in love with Nash in college. I didn't care that he was ugly and strange looking. Loved him. Met him in Kalamazoo, Detroit, Roseville & Toledo - to name a few.

4. James Taylor : or JT, if you will. Saw him perform with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra in the 90s. We were walking around the theatre marveling at its beauty and caught a glimpse of him walking around backstage. The theatre had mostly cleared by that time and before I knew it I was yelling out, "J! T!", to which he turned around and walked right out onstage and bent down to say hello. Such a kind and wonderful soul.

5. Paul Westerberg : of the Replacements and truly wonderful solo work. I met Paul in Pontiac, Michigan and once in Chicago, IL. The Chicago incident was most memorable in that I took pictures of me friends with Paul and had pictures taken of me. The next day, I inspected the camera only to find out that there was no effin' film in it. I am still pissed ...

6. Jo Wood : as in the wife of Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood. I was trying really hard to meet Ronnie (what can I say - I have a thing for ugly rockers) and ran into his wife walking around the Silverdome. I was sporting my homemade softball shirt emblazened with GIMME RONNIE and she stopped to comment! Fun, huh?

7. I'll call him Sugar Ray : as in Mark McGrath. I have never been a fan, but when I am walking around a mall in LA and someone tells me that they just saw him in the Apple Store, I am damn well going to seek him out. Actually I followed him into Crate & Barrel and then backed off. But later in the day our paths crossed again and I was pleased when we exchanged pleasantries.

tommy david

jt pauly

I don't really like to tag people, so if you'd like - give it a go!

4 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

wow - that's a lot of people! I would have trouble coming up with more than two. When you want to meet a rocker, you make it happen! Awesome.

February 01, 2008 10:48 AM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

I always wanted a big suit because of David Byrne.

February 01, 2008 12:22 PM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

Oh my gosh, I used to have it bad for ugly rockers too. Keith Richards! What am I talking about used to, ... Kid Rock, Tommy Lee? Yum.

That is a whole lot of famous rockers. I'm gonna start calling you a groupie!

February 01, 2008 2:34 PM

 
Blogger Isorski said...

Did you read Ron Wood's autobiography? The storyline is all over the place, but then again, so is he!

I reviewed the book at http://isorski.blogspot.com/. You may have to scroll down a bit to see it. Check it out!

February 01, 2008 8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home