A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.25.2008

To Do List

No knitting going on here. TracyB hat attack-ed me - but I just don't have it in me. The wedding is less than 4 months away and I am in full-on wedding planning mode. Which leaves very little knitting time, let me tell ya.

Have I updated you on wedding planning progress? The ceremony & reception locations are booked - for a May wedding in a historic theatre in the city of Detroit. We have chosen the food and we ordered our wedding cake from the favorite bakery in my hometown. I have my dress (yay!) and my bridesmaids' dresses (in black) are ordered. I have an appointment for my hair & make-up on the day of the wedding. Our guest list is just about finalized. We are 99% decided on our invitations - almost ready to place the order. We have booked the restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. A block of rooms have been set aside for our out-of-town guests. We have an awesome DJ lined up and a fabulous photographer. We booked our flights & hotels for the honeymoon(!!!).

Still need to figure out exact flower decor, my jewelry & other accessories, the bridesmaids' jewelry & other accessories, a flowergirl dress, exact tux choices, ceremony musicians, a guestbook, wedding night accomodations for us, seating arrangements, table #s, place cards, ceremony decorations (?), engagement photo shoot, postage, wedding programs, wedding bands, and all sorts of gifts/favors/welcome bags! Am I forgetting anything? I'm sure I am. Oh yeah, writing our ceremony from scratch!

Thank goodness for the With this String, I Thee Wed forum on Ravelry - it is keeping me sane, as well as entertained. Thank you ladies!

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly Bee said...

I love you! You will have a lovely day, and the rest will be totally rocker too!

January 25, 2008 12:23 PM

 
Blogger Matt Church said...

I can verify that Kristin hearts her With this String, I Thee Wed crew.

January 25, 2008 2:00 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

wow - u DO have alot to do haha
great job getting so much done...i'm sure the rest will all fall into place. can't wait to see your dress!!!

January 26, 2008 6:57 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Oooh that's so soon!!! How exciting!

I'll tell you what, though - I wouldn't go back to being engaged for anything in the world. Being married is SO much better. Can't wait to see your dress and I'm sure your wedding will be BEAUTIFUL!

January 29, 2008 4:31 PM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

umm, I hope you don't mind, I tagged you! Seven weird things or famous people! Come on, you can fit it in between foundation garments and invitation madness, right?

January 31, 2008 6:06 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Wow...it does sound overwhelming, but very fun to plan. Can't wait to see those post-wedding picture loaded posts!

February 10, 2008 9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home