A place for my knitting ramblings ...

2.26.2008

I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of the train ...

So, was it just me or were the Oscars kind of boring this year? John Stewart was funny, but not hilarious. I hadn't seen most of the nominated films, so that could have been part of the problem. And the ones that I had seen - didn't win. (Except for Diablo Cody - YAY!)

juno

What was the deal with, like, ten songs from Enchanted being nominated and they were all CRAP!? The Moldy Peaches - now there is a quality, Oscar worthy song-writing team! Just for the record, I loved Juno. And Persepolis was fantastic! Go see them both, if you haven't already.

persepolis

Matt made some delicious cheese fondue for the occassion. Barb & Mel came over. We had some adult beverages. We all did some knitting. So, it was a fun evening, nonetheless.

8 Comments:

Blogger tracyb said...

I'm bummed I didn't make it! Hey, Mel is making your blizzard scarf isn't she? Pretty.

February 27, 2008 8:25 AM

 
Blogger Libby said...

I think the Kimya Dawson and Moldy Peaches songs weren't eligible for Oscars because they weren't created specifically for the movie. I absolutely love the Juno soundtrack!

February 27, 2008 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Screw the Oscar's! Super fun fondue knit Juno party when the movie's out on DVD!!!!

February 27, 2008 8:47 PM

 
Blogger Ms. Melissa McDermid said...

Thank you for having me over! I loved the FONDUE, the company and the opportunity to finish the BLIZZARD SCARF! Yippeee- - now I want to make the hat -- just need the pattern!

February 27, 2008 11:08 PM

 
Blogger AH said...

Hi, I've been surfing for Blizzard scarf ideas and I'm delighted to have found your site. I love your cable scarf in Blizzard shown on your blog. What is the pattern? Thanks, Andrea

March 01, 2008 1:36 PM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

AH - here is the link to the pattern:

http://www.haveyouanywoolmi.com/patterns/bcscarf.pdf.pdf

Good luck!

March 01, 2008 1:50 PM

 
Blogger AH said...

Thank you for your quick reply! Can't wait to get to work!

March 01, 2008 1:54 PM

 
Blogger AH said...

Hi again,
The big cable scarf is delightful to knit as it's so rewardingly quick! Have you knit the Big Cable hat mentioned in the pattern? I found this one that might "go" with it.
http://abmatik.blogspot.com/2006/08/super-bulky-cabled-hat.html

March 02, 2008 4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home