A place for my knitting ramblings ...

5.10.2008

Adventures of a Bride-to-Be - Vol. 2

Oh my goodness - I can't believe it has been a month since the last blog post. Time is flying by!! We are having a ton of fun planning this wedding. We are so excited about our venue and our flowers and our honeymoon!!

I have to say that there is so much bridal TRASH out there. I was totally grossed out on so many occassions. Thongs with "Bride" in blue rhinestones, lacy parasols, ugly cake toppers - the TRASH is endless in the wedding industry. I just don't get it! Check out the crap we found in Michaels! Who is buying this?


showing off my bridal trash

We have had a few frustrating moments. Like when I was out looking for invitations for the rehearsal dinner - they were all ugly and made in China. Or they were nice but cost a ton of money!!! We ended up ordering paper and envelopes from Paper Source and buying ribbon from JoAnn's to make our own. And how hard should it be to find a nice guestbook pen?!? One without a cheesy feather attached to the end? Ugh!



And what the $&*% is this???? Awful.


awful



Not too much longer now!!!!

future wife

future husband



6 Comments:

Blogger tracyb said...

Aren't the two of you just so cute? I wish I could have been with you on your expedition into the wedding barfdom that is the Michael's Wedding section! It looks like so much fun! Well, good luck if I don't talk to you before next Saturday!

May 11, 2008 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Michael's Wedding Section:

Who is buying this stuff?

Placenta, people named Placenta (sorry, I didn't name you that) and strippers.

What the *^&*%$#@?

Secret wedding cake topper high 5ing I scored me a rich husband girls.


I'm so glad that you and Matt are not like that and are actually humans.

PS if your name is really Placenta, I apologize.

May 14, 2008 9:22 AM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

Hey, I tagged you, go to my blog. But it's a fun one I promise. Hope the honeymoon was warm and fun!

May 27, 2008 7:27 AM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

It is a fun one! Go! I would have tagged you too, but tracyb got everyone first.

May 27, 2008 2:52 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Shoot! That is the same parasol and cake topper that I am using at MY wedding!!
Just kidding, of course. Hope you had a wonderful trip!

June 01, 2008 8:58 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

YES! Bring your parasol in October and we will get a picture together!
So are you getting right back into the swing of things?

June 05, 2008 12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home