A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.24.2008

Gifts from the Heart

As promised, I'd like to share some handmade gifts that we received as wedding presents. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to photograph every handmade gift that we received. TracyB knit us up a ton of Ballband dishclothes. And a co-worker of mine made us a beautiful & super soft ivory afghan.
TracyB knit Charlotte's Web for me. See?

This is a fantastic gift because I am a Children's Librarian and this summer's reading program theme was Catch the Reading Bug. Get it? It is a lovely shade of plum and even has a special knitted message. Tracy is good with the small needles and look at this wonderful lace work.

Another fantastic handmade gift that we received was from Matt's parents. His stepdad made us this gorgeous shelving unit. Isn't it amazing? (pardon the crappy photo)

This beauty is currently being stored at Matt's parents house until we move into our new house. Yes, that is correct. OUR NEW HOUSE! We are closing on a house this Friday. Life is busy and exciting and crazy. We are working on packing and gathering all the necessary documentation and thinking about paint colors and hiring locksmiths. It is a new adventure!

6 Comments:

Blogger tracyb said...

I'm so excited for you and your new house! Thanks for the glowing review of Charlotte! I'm going to try another lace project soon, maybe for EK's wedding! Please tell her thank you for the good words. I should hear something by next week!

September 24, 2008 5:17 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh congrats on your new house!! That is great!! I wish I were there... We are seeing some more tonight. And that shelving unit is so nice! Such a nice wedding gift!

September 25, 2008 1:16 PM

 
Anonymous Stacey said...

Oh my god...congrats on the house. I want a house...badly. But that isn't on our horizon for a looong time. And probably not in Calfornia.

September 26, 2008 12:24 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Congrats on your new house!!!

September 26, 2008 3:13 PM

 
Blogger Kirk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 01, 2008 11:18 PM

 
Blogger VelvetMarmoset said...

Wow, I haven't been reading in ages -- sorry! Congratulations on what sounds like a lot of important events!!! And, that shelving unit is amaaaaazing.

October 31, 2008 2:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home