A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.29.2008

Good times ...

Matt & I went to Kansas City for Jackie & Mat's wedding this weekend. We had a great time. It was a beautiful, sunny fall day for their outdoor wedding. At the reception, we sat at a table with some really fun friends of Jackie's from Lawrence, KS. And we ate yummy (and cute) wedding cake! Good times ...

cut the cake!

I had never been to Missouri or Kansas, so I was excited to add two states to my list of "states visited."

shuttlecocks

Kansas City was pretty cool actually ... we spent much of our weekend in the city - explored the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, ate BBQ at Jack Stack, discovered an awesome letterpress store in the Crossroads District, indulged at Lidia's Kitchen, and wandered around the City Market.

mmmmm ... BBQed burnt ends!


Tonight, we carved our pumpkins.

barack the vote

I am excited about my Barack O'Lantern (stencil courtesy of yeswecarve.com) - didn't it turn out cute? I love the lid on Matt's - he is so crafty with his carving skills.

pumpkins '08

Can't wait to put them out on the porch on Friday night. I won't put them out until then because the chances of the squirrels taking a nibble (or destroying the whole darn thing) are very high.

9 Comments:

Blogger tracyb said...

I love your Barack-o-Lantern! And Matt's pumpkin is very skillful! Just think of the pumpkin carving babies you will make someday! :) Happy Halloween!

October 30, 2008 5:13 PM

 
Blogger Matt Church said...

Carve, baby, carve!

October 30, 2008 6:58 PM

 
Anonymous Stacey said...

Love the pumpkins...this is the first year we aren't carving pumpkns. We're going to a concert instead...and no one trick or treats around here :(

October 30, 2008 11:16 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

I love the giant shuttlecock!!

Your pumpkins are very rocker!!!

October 31, 2008 9:24 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

You pumpkins are so neat, your husband did a fantastic job! I know what you mean about the squirrels, they are so aggressive!

October 31, 2008 12:04 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

I have a picture of myself in front of that big badminton thing. The art museum there is really nice!

Like everyone else I think your pumpkins are rad. Happy Halloween!

October 31, 2008 12:18 PM

 
Blogger VelvetMarmoset said...

Happy Halloween!
Your friends' wedding looks beautiful. Did they do the arch of sabers? I'm trying to envision how we're going to do one outside sans church steps (no church).
And yes, that probably was me on ravelry -- same userid more or less.

October 31, 2008 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I am so glad you had a good time in KC!! You ended up at a really fun table...yay. You will have to come visit us again sometime, and we will return the favor...I would love to spend some time in Detroit!!

October 31, 2008 6:54 PM

 
Blogger Ms. Melissa McDermid said...

Awesome pumpkin! Good work!

November 01, 2008 10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home