A place for my knitting ramblings ...

11.20.2008

Fun in & around the D

Last weekend we had so much fun in and around the D ...
Friday night, we joined 300+ nerdfighters at the Ann Arbor District Library to see John & Hank Green. We ended up in the overflow room, which kind of bummed me out at first, but turned out to be pretty good with in-person visits from John & Hank.


Yes, that is Dan John Miller of Blanche. He narrates the audio book of Paper Towns, so I must get my hands on a copy of that! We opted not to stand in line for the book signing and headed immediately to Zingerman's for deliciousness.

On Saturday, Jennifer, Kenny, Matt & I headed downtown. It was a blustery day, but that didn't stop us from hitting Good Girls Go To Paris Creperie. Yummy! The menu is cleverly divided into Left Bank (savory) and Right Bank (sweet) options. I went for savory (the Vera) on this visit, but I want to go back soon to try the Nutella & Banana - how good does that sound?


Then we all headed to the Detroit Urban Craft Fair. It was held in the State Theatre, so there were lots of vendors. We saw a lot of really great stuff and even made a few purchases ... from Michele Maule and Sparklepants Industries. : ) We are excited to get some stuff framed and hung in our new home!

And then on Sunday, we made a stop at Xochi's and then headed to the DIA for the Monet to Dali exhibit. It was a fun way to spend the day - we were celebrating the 2nd anniversary of our first date. They have reinstalled the ceiling bling and it is so beautiful. I could just sit and stare at all its sparkliness for hours.

6 Comments:

Blogger tracyb said...

oh, I'm so sad. I would have loved to go to Detroit with you guys! I'm glad you posted, I'll just live vicariously.

November 20, 2008 4:56 PM

 
Blogger Maya said...

oh, detroit! that looks like a good time. :)

November 20, 2008 8:51 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

are those lights on the ceiling? magical stuff falling from the eaves? pretty...

So let's see your new house!

November 21, 2008 9:04 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

I'm in for the Nutella and Bananas! Yum-O! Plus I'm so happy the mirrors are back at the DIA! When's Noel Night?

November 23, 2008 8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Stacey said...

Pretty lights! Crepes! Craft fairs! All good!

I , too, want to see the house ;)

November 24, 2008 1:07 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Wow! You were really living it up!
Looks like so much fun!

I want a crepe.

November 26, 2008 9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home