A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.31.2008

Happy New Year!

Another month has flown by ... wow! Life is just too busy. December was full of fun events - Mel's birthday, Noel Night, holiday parties with our friends & new neighbors. Did I mention we got a foot of snow?


Did I mention that we purchased a snowblower the next day? ; )

I hope everyone had wonderful holiday celebrations. Our first Christmas was very nice. We spent a few days hopping from place to place to get in all of our visits. We were especially excited to see Jessica & Kevin (they were in town from NC) - we miss them very much!

I was happy that we got to spend Christmas morning in our new house together. We exchanged gifts and made Belgian waffles for breakfast. Then we played a little Wii before heading out in the afternoon to another family gathering.

It was a fun holiday season, but on Saturday I came down with the stomach flu, right in the middle of a party (total bummer). I guess it was my turn, as it was a sicky holiday for our families. Jessica had strep throat. My parents, my brother, our niece and Matt's dad all had the flu at some point either before, during or after Christmas. And now Matt is sick. So, we will spend our first New Year's Eve at home - it will be quiet, but we will make it fun. Hope yours is a safe & happy night.

4 Comments:

Blogger sbedford01 said...

Happy New Year! Hope Matt feels better, your house looks so festive, can't wait to really see it! We are having a nice quiet (read lame) New Year ourselves, some marathon season four of House and maybe some family cards. Even Sophie has better plans than us, she's at a party!

Tracy

December 31, 2008 5:34 PM

 
Anonymous Stacey said...

Hope Matt feels better soon :)

Ah snow...how I wish we had some of that here. I know, I know, I shouldn't complain that it was 73 degrees here yesterday, but I want snow.

December 31, 2008 6:13 PM

 
Blogger Momo said...

Aside from the flu, it sounds like a lovely first Christmas together. :-)

January 04, 2009 1:05 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

Tree looks great with the presents nicely wrapped!

January 07, 2009 9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home