A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.01.2008

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen

This Thanksgiving, I was thankful for ...

a haircut


In the process of growing "wedding hair," I decided that I could probably get it long enough to donate. So, 6 months after the wedding it was finally time to hack it off. Long hair is great and all, but I was wearing it in a ponytail almost every day. That is always a sign to me that it is time for a hair cut.


My donation ponytail was about 10 inches long, but we probably cut off about 13 inches in total. The hair will be sent to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, who use the hair donations to create free wigs for women with cancer.

Did you know that it takes 6 ponytails to make 1 wig?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Stacey said...

Wow!! Your hair *was* long! It's funny, I wanted to grow my hair out after years of being short for my sisters wedding last summer. I let it grow out a good 6 inches till I just couldn't handle it anymore and cut it anyway. But now, I am growing it out again. It originally started out as me growing it out because I didn't have money to get it cut, but now I am enjoying the length. Crazy messy ponytails? Oh how I've missed you....

I remember how great a significant haircut felt though. So manageable.

December 01, 2008 7:20 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Well that was nice of you! And your new cut is super cute.

December 01, 2008 7:20 PM

 
Anonymous mel said...

Way to go! What a great thing to do! Checked out the Pantene website -- they had a link to their blog -- interesting updates from people!

Short cut looks great!

December 01, 2008 8:54 PM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

you look so cute with short hair! Props for donating your ponytail!

December 02, 2008 7:30 AM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Oh! Very good! Both to the hair and the donation!

Gosh, if I just grew my hair out for 4 years I think it would be long enough to donate...

December 03, 2008 9:04 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Super-cute new 'do! Donating is such a good thing!

December 05, 2008 2:40 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

You look gorgeous.
How's the house?

December 07, 2008 12:32 AM

 
Blogger Lindseyrose said...

That's really great of you!

December 09, 2008 3:08 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

way to go on the great donation and the short 'do looks great on you!

December 30, 2008 10:50 PM

 
Blogger Momo said...

Your hair looks very cute. I remember when I cut mine off five years ago my hair was seriously oofy for a month because of the lost weight. Hope yours behaved better.

Congrats of the wedding!

January 04, 2009 1:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home