A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.22.2009

Cupcakes for Obama

The events of this week have left me feeling that things just might be okay in this crazy world. We have a new president (yay!) and I cried all through the inauguration. It was so moving and I have to say that I feel proud. And today, Slumdog Millionaire received 10 Oscar Nominations. Amazing! If you haven't seen it - DO!

I haven't been doing much in the knitting department - I still need to finish the bib I have been working on for months. So, instead I got a little bit crafty in honor of Obama's inauguration. Matt & I offered to have a little neighborhood party to celebrate the inauguration, which I totally failed to capture with my camera. Anyhow, I decided to make some cherry chip (red & white) cupcakes with vanilla (in blue) frosting.

But they needed a little something more, so I made fun little cupcake picks for the occasion. Totally easy, but kind of festive and impressive looking!

I swear that there will be knitting content soon. That bib is nearly complete! Just a button hole and a button, really. Oh, one more thing ... check out this stocking stuffer from Matt! Cute, no? I finally remembered to stick it in my purse and then I swung by Starbucks on my way to work.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Stacey said...

I love how the crafty community really got into the election. Cute cupcakes.

And totally cute cupholder :)

January 22, 2009 3:38 PM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

Love the cupholder!

January 22, 2009 4:46 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Very festive!!! Def. an occasion worth celebrating.

January 23, 2009 11:55 AM

 
Anonymous mel said...

Cupcakes were super CUTE! Super-duper work on the Obama symbols!

January 31, 2009 2:11 PM

 
Blogger Diva said...

the bib instructions made perfect sense thank you

February 16, 2009 3:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home