A place for my knitting ramblings ...

11.20.2009

yarn anti-depressants anyone?

Five months later ... I guess I just don't make the time to blog anymore. Or knit anymore. I honestly can't remember the last time I finished a knitting project. Maybe it was a super small project like a bib (that sounds about right). I have many UFOs floating around the house, but none are really calling my name right now.

I spent some time on ravelry yesterday and got inspired! I hadn't realized it ... but I really miss knitting. I also miss finishing my knitting projects, so I know I need to choose something that I can finish in a reasonable amount of time. (Yes, I am the queen of instant gratification)

I am thinking about this pattern for a neckwarmer thingy. The designer has this to say: "One skein projects are like antidepressants in a ball. It’s like, just whip one up and you’re instantly happy." Sounds like the perfect project for me, no? I have some Rowan Chunky Print in my stash. I have never done Brioche rib, so that could make it interesting. If I type it here, maybe I will be more likely to make it happen. What do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting socks is my zenzone, Kristin. I like circs because of the spiral nature and continuance of the process. All of a sudden you look up and your project is complete.

Pick a pattern, pick up them needles and enjoy!
Uncle Mart

November 21, 2009 12:23 PM

 
Blogger Stacey said...

Yay for your sporadic blog post! ;) Go for it...maybe it'll spark some knitting mojo that has been long forgotten!

November 25, 2009 1:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home